Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 2 Veggie Day: What's up doc?


GM DIET DIARY
Day Two: On this day you are to limit yourself to all the vegetables you desire AND a baked potato for breakfast. It is recommended that you avoid more starchy veggies like corn and peas. Again you will need to consume 8-12 cups of water. Along with the pile of greens you can have all the Wonder Soup you want.

My Journey: I woke up this morning reaching for the bottle of Advil due to a nagging headache. From what I have read this is normal given the drastic diet change. Once I got that under control I hit the gym. It was Sunday and the gym was quite empty much to my liking. I didn't go real hard but I managed a good 40 minutes of cardio. Once I got home I was HUNGRY!

Breakfast: I really wanted to have our usually Sunday breakfast especially since I still whipped it up for my family... Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast but I was happy to have a baked potato with a bit of butter, salt and pepper. It was delish!

Lunch: Garlic roasted asparagus and baked yellow squish with onions. (See recipe below)

Dinner: A veggie kabob consisting of bell pepper, onion, mushroom, tomato, asparagus and yellow squish accompanied by a romaine salad dressed with balsamic vinegar.

Snack: Wonder Soup.

Refection: I got through day 2... phew! I struggled again without Diet Coke but I made sure to down at least 8 cups of water. The saying is true "you want what you can't have" because I really wanted some fruit :) I was looking forward to tomorrow being able to have all the fruit and veggies I want!

Garlic Roasted Asparagus
15 Stems of asparagus
1 Teaspoon of  garlic
Salt and Pepper as desired
A squeeze of lemon
Coat the pan with cooking spray and toss asparagus.
Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment