Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 1 Fruit Day: A day full of color


GM DIET DIARY
Day One: On this day you are to limit yourself to fruits with the exception of bananas. Also be prepared to hold off on any and all beverages besides WATER! You will need to consume 8-12 cups a day. Don't forget The Wonder Soup that can be consumed daily whenever desired.

My Journey: Of course I waited until the last minute to stock my house up with what I needed. My alarm Rang at 6 AM and that lead me to good ol' Walmart. I stocked up on Pineapple, Mango, Cantaloupe and Apples. After scoring some good deals I rushed to the gym where I hopped on the elliptical for 30 minutes. When I returned home I cut, sliced and diced....

Breakfast: A couple slices of Mango, Pineapple and 2 cups of water.

Lunch: Quarter of a cantaloupe and  2 cups of water

Dinner: By this time I was craving something with salt and was wishing it was tomorrow. So after much research, I made the Wonder Soup. I would have named this If I Have To Soup. :) It really wasn't bad and a nice change. I had a big bowl of Wonder Soup, an apple and 2 cups of water.

Snacks: I munched on a couple bites of fruit  throughout the day and kept a glass of ice water in hand.

Reflections: I got through day 1... Not an easy task. The hardest part of the day was not having any Diet Coke. I love that stuff. I had to pop a couple Advil throughout the day but I got through it. The water was a big help and I pat myself on the back as drinking 8 cups of water is a big feat for me.
WONDER SOUP RECIPE
1 head of cabbage
6 tomatoes
3 onions
1 bell pepper
3 carrots
3 stems of celery 
4 cups of water
2 cups of organic vegetable broth
seasoned and spiced as desired
You can cook this in any variation as you wish. I sauteed the onions, pepper, carrots and celery before adding the rest of the veg and liquid. You can also add any other veg as you please. I cooked this on med until all the veg had softened. 
TIPS: I added crushed pepper for a little spice and I was very happy doing so. I am not real big on spicy food but the little spice really tricked my mind into thinking it was consuming something substantial. 






No comments:

Post a Comment